Families are Forever

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Back to Real life

It's always hard after vacation for me to come back to real life.  I think it's mostly because we just don't vacation....really.  We have made some friends here which makes it easier to come back to real life but we've also had a LOT of snow days!  Those are fun....for about 2 days.  After that the kids start to get a little bit stir crazy.  That's when we play with friends.  This is what my house looks like on those days.








We found oil based paint this day and they wanted to paint their faces.  It was...hard to get off but they had fun.

We are doing well these days.  I am babysitting still.  In May I will be adding another little guy.  So I'll be babysitting 2 little boys.  One is 15 months and when I get the new little guy he will be about 3 months old.   The kids are doing well in school, though in typical form they all say they hate school.    Natty's birthday is next week.  The girl will be 12 and tonight we go to New Beginnings!  I honestly can't believe how big she is getting!  At the beginning of school next school year I will have none of my own children at home....it's surreal.  Conner will be 8 this year which is also big.  He's very excited to be baptized.  Nate is enjoying work, and working on our house/property.  He always has a project going on and loves to make the yard something that the kids want to play in.

This week my parents had to put our sweet Chocolate Lab Shelby down.  She had been struggling for a while, which is one of the reasons for our decision to leave her with them.  That was really hard and the kids always told me that maybe next time Grandma and Grandpa came they could bring Shelby with them and then we could have her here.  They have had a hard time with it as have I.  She was my protection and was a sweet, gentle, digging machine.  She had cancer and was struggling to breathe and move.  She ADORED my Gramma Wright.  My Grandma would go outside multiple times a day just to pet and talk to Shelby.  Shelby LOVED it.  We'll miss her a whole bunch.

2 comments:

  1. So glad things are going well for you and your family. I know you have missed Shelby. She was a good dog. (And I can hardly believe Natalie is going to be twelve, either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photo of Ethan and the hammer down his shirt. It made me laugh, as well as the story about the oil face painting. You are such a fun mom. My kids would have loved that! I think you are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete