Families are Forever

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer in Virginia...

it's here....and I'm pretty upset about the whole thing.  I am excited though that my kids get to be here with me all day and I don't have to run the homework rat race....Missing my California summers.  Here I have to pay about $400 for 2 months so that I can take my kids swimming.  Basically that isn't going to happen so I will be in the house all day every day starting in about 2 weeks.

Planning though for some really fun activities to take the  kids to as well as planning all the recipes that I plan to add to my blogs.  My happy place is baking.  I will be doing some experimenting with my gluten free baking as well.  Here's to the season of thunder, lightning, rain, and humidity.  Happy summer!

5 comments:

  1. We are doing a lot of running in the sprinkler activities, and other fun things. I have started to pin them on my pinterest account. Good luck. I think summer is so fun and I am so glad to have the kids home, but I think for us it needs a little planning to keep everyone from bickering.

    How is your library? We usually spend quite a bit of time there checking out new books, and I know your kids love reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also spend too much time Pheneas and Ferb, and fighting, and by August I am usually counting down till school starts. :) Sorry your pool is so expensive. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The library is great but we aren't very good about returning books on time. My kids love Phineas and Ferb as well. We don't have any sprinklers or grass so we are out on that count as well. Hopefully some of my local friends can reccomend some things we can do that are cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to hear about your exciting events. Its going to be great, and I can't wait to hear about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoyed having my kids home with me for the Summer--but like Stacey I was also really glad to send them all back to school when Summer was done. Yeah, they used to fight and want to watch too much TV, too. Heather, it's funny how we get used to the way things were when we were growing up. I cling to fond memories of the climate in Southern California and, while I love Spring and Fall here, I still don't enjoy Summer in the Sacramento Valley--it's just WAY to hot!

    ReplyDelete